Giveaway: Isles of Olympus: A Guardian’s Truth by Sandra Schepis
Title: Isles of Olympus: A Guardian’s Truth
Author: Sandra Schepis
Genre: YA Fantasy
Publish Date: February 19, 2014
Event organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.
A Guardian’s Truth is about Ariella, a young Guardian Queen of Royals, in the secret land called Isles of Olympus. Forced to sit on her throne before she comes of age, and yet kept in the dark about her history, who her parents were and the life she never got to have with them, after being given to her maternal uncle and his wife, when Ariella was only minutes old. No one would even speak her parents names after that. Frustrated by the constant over protection of the councilmen and women of the Isles, Ariella and her closest friend (whom rarely left her side from the age of four), her dragon Kyith, set out on an adventure within and outside of her realms, that would start the events that could lead her realm back into war. Many enemies are found to be trusted friends, while some friends are shown to be true enemies, Ariella is left wondering: who can she trust, who she should trust? Guardians are descendants of the first two Gods, Uranus, the God of the heavens and sky, and Gaia, the Goddess of the Earth and nature. Their first born child, a son, Gaius, named for both his parents, was betrayed by his younger siblings as they overthrew Uranus by beheading him, so to rule the world and heavens themselves, Gaius wished only to avenge his father’s murder, but Gaia had other plans. She gave him his own realm hidden from the titan’s wrath, and their descendants. A gift for his loyalties, he and his kin and any God, Goddess or magical creature that wished to escape the titans and later the Olympians, would live free of the tainted bloodlines of those that had murdered the father God for greed and power, with only one hitch, no Guardian could ever wish to lay claim to the original homeland of Gods, Mount Olympus. For if they did, all that had been, could be undone!
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Lulu
10 pieces of advice you would give to your “teen self”:
· Appreciate the family you have while you still have them, because few things last forever.
· Save all your stories, even the bad ones.
· Money is never going to be your driving force in life, so don’t fret about riches.
· You don’t marry rich, so listen and learn from your grandfather on how to iron and sew, your kids will appreciate it later on.
· Be kinder to your little brother, he will turn out to be a great supporter later on in life.
· It’s totally true, your children will always be more unruly than yourself growing up, so please be an angel.
· You won’t appreciate school until two years after you graduate, so make the most of it, and focus on doing your best, because you will wish to learn more as you get older.
· Follow your passions and don’t let anyone tell you what you can’t do, cause they were wrong!
About the Author
Sandra Schepis is currently living in the Brisbane Bayside area of Queensland, Australia with her beautiful family. I like to spend most days in front of my computer either writing or researching different elements of my stories and interests in Greek Mythology and history in general. Though I have spent years writing short stories I have never before published any of my work. Isles of Olympus is different, it is a complete work of towns and cities, landscapes, cultures and lives I spent month creating, so that I could sit and enjoy the story that flowed from the details. A Guardian’s Truth the first of three books to come out of the Isles series, was a special project designed ultimately for my children to read and enjoy, igniting their imaginations and inspiring their dreams. I love landscape photography, and use it to inspire some of my works. Mythology weather Greek, Celtic, and some Nordic are keen interests that I enjoy researching; reading is a passion of mine when I am not writing. And in between that and my family I love to get out and explore